Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Peter Pan Silhouette Lamp

As a Disney lover I am always doing crafts revolved around the different characters. Have you ever tried to think who your favorite Disney character is out of ALL of them? It's difficult, I don't know that I'll ever be able to decide! 

I've always wanted to get a tattoo of the Peter Pan silhouette of the characters flying to Neverland, but just haven't gotten the chance. However, I was just thinking today & my lamp looked rather boring.. Agreed? I'd say so!

Sooooo I decided to spice it up with some Disney. You can never go wrong with a Disney craft, right?! I decided on the Peter Pan silhouette I've always wanted. I've provided my own little DIY Peter Pamp Lamp to Disneyfy whatever area you wish. 😉

Here's what you'll need: 
Thing cardboard box (cereal box, Mountain Dew box, ect.)
A Pen
Scissors
Tape 
Your lamp of choice

First, I used a Mountain Dew box because my hubby always has some in stock! 
Flip the box over to the side without print on it. 
The next step is drawing the silhouette. You can either free hand it or print it off of the Internet, changing the size to fit your lamp. 
I decided to free hand it & I measured it out for reference to be 11 3/4 in. 
I made sure to draw lines in between each character to make sure that they all stayed together. It's up to you whether or not you'd like to do this. If you decide not to, you'll just have to tape each character individually to the lamp which would definitely work just as well! 

Third, cut out the silhouette. 
You can better see how I connected each character here. 
 
Next, tape the cutout to the inside of your lamp. I suggest doing this without the lamp on for safety. I only had the light on so you could see the picture. 

Last & most importantly.. 
Turn the light on & enjoy the flight to Neverland! ☺️

1 comment: